Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is now on a journey to becoming outstanding. The Science department is very well resourced and has two new science laboratories with further refurbishment planned. Combined Science and the Separate Sciences are taught. Results are above national average and progress of students is high.
We are seeking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic lead practitioner in Science. You must be highly motivated and demonstrate high professional standards. You will support the development of learning and teaching across the department, and the wider school, ensuring that the curriculum area provides a range of teaching methods that complement the school’s strategic objectives and builds upon the success already achieved. There are opportunities to deliver whole school CPD as you will be part of the Learning and Teaching Team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
- Believes in young people.
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom.
- Is passionate about Science and is keen to improve standards across all year groups.
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
- Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the faculty and school.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
- Opportunities for further professional development.
- Child Care Voucher Scheme.
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff.
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community.
For further information and to apply please visit our website www.ashmanorschool.com/vacancies Please download an application form and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am Monday 15 October 2018.
Interview date: Thursday 18 October 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.