Lead Practitioner (Science), The Derby High School, Bury, Greater Manchester
(L6 – L10)
The Derby High School is the highest performing school in Bury, Greater Manchester and has sustained this position for a number of years. We recognise the benefits of a high-quality Science education and have invested heavily in providing an inspiring and relevant curriculum with rich extra-curricular experiences. Science is an extremely popular subject within the school, and we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join our successful Science Department as a Lead Practitioner. This is a great opportunity to work within a dedicated, hardworking and forward-thinking team and to be part of our journey towards becoming an outstanding school.
We are an over-subscribed 11-16 Co-Educational School situated in the heart of the town. Year on year our students make exceptional progress and our current Progress 8 measure stands at +0.40. Alongside this our Science results in 2018 also showed positive progress (+0.39). We are an inclusive school serving a diverse student population who are a joy to be around. The leadership of the school at every level is a key strength and this has been recognised by Ofsted. We boast a talented staff with a commitment to delivering the highest standards and who are overwhelmingly proud to belong to the school. All who visit The Derby High School are impressed by the warm and welcoming environment that we work in.
We believe that The Derby High School is a great place to work. This post offers you the opportunity to work in/with:
• A successful school with a strong will and determination to continue to improve
• A school that has high expectations of all who work here
• A school that places teaching and learning at the heart of school improvement
• A school that works effectively with all stakeholders
• A school that is driven by strong values, invests in its staff and students and has a high regard for their welfare
• A motivated, hardworking and collaborative senior leadership team
• A strong middle leadership team who are highly professional and work well together
• A supportive and cooperative teaching staff who are committed to their roles
• A caring school where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people
• Collaboration with other schools and organisations to share and develop practice in Science teaching and learning
• Research on local and national Science projects
We will encourage you to be innovative, creative and bold in your decision making and provide professional development that will support you in your future career plans.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, appointment will be subject to a full DBS check and references. To apply for this post, please download and complete the application form and provide a letter of application (see ‘Letter to Applicants’ from the Headteacher for further information) and email to Mrs D Grundy, PA to the Headteacher at email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 22 March 2019 (9.00 am)