THE PATE’S CLASS AT HFLS
The Pate’s Class is a provision for talented Chinese students attending Hailiang Foreign Language School in Zhuji. The pupils follow an iGCSE and A Level curriculum and the majority will transition to University in the UK. The programme is a joint venture between Hailiang Education, one of the foremost education providers in China, and Pate’s Grammar School, the leading State co-educational school in the UK.
The project is in its second year and is expected to expand considerably, therefore offering the successful candidate an opportunity to help design, deliver and lead an educational offering that is innovative and academically outstanding.
We are keen to recruit exceptional GCSE and A level teachers who are also keen to gain leadership experience and responsibilities. The successful applicant can expect to be offered a range of leadership training that will ensure they are best placed to transition to Senior Leadership or a more substantive Faculty role. This is an exciting opportunity to work with two outstanding providers in a collaboration that could rapidly develop.
Principal of Hailiang Foreign Language School (HFLS)
Teaching and Learning
- Plan, prepare and teach well-structured, academically challenging, engaging lessons
- Teach, according to their educational need, the pupils assigned; setting and marking work, including examinations
- Ensure reliable and timely marking of assessment tasks
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils, knowing when to differentiate appropriately
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- Manage pupil behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Demonstrate outstanding subject and curriculum knowledge
- Communicate and co-operate with persons or bodies outside of the school
- Participate in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above
- Lead, advise and co-operate with other teachers on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment of pastoral arrangements
Pate’s Class responsibilities
- Act as a main liaison with the Pate’s Class Co-ordinator to ensure that resources are used effectively and consistently in the Maths Faculty
- Responsible for ensuring that on-line assessment and moderation is conducted appropriately and at times agreed with the Pate’s Class Co-ordinator
- Ensure that subject teachers are communicating regularly with their colleagues at Pate’s Grammar School in the UK
Appraisal and Professional Development
- Participate in arrangements made for teacher appraisal and professional development
- Review methods of teaching and programmes of work
- Lead or undertake such training as may be reasonably required by the School to adapt to the changing requirements of the School or as may be necessary to fulfil the School's statutory or regulatory obligations
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities by making a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the School
Child Protection, discipline, health and safety
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons
- Maintain good order and discipline among students and safeguard their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Skilled in the best global educational practices
- Tech-savvy, fluent in using apps and technology in order to extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience
- Outstanding role model who embody our shared core values
- Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom.
- Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
- Strong academic back-ground, work-ethic and be well-organised, having excellent interpersonal skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced in teaching the English National Curriculum
- Have experience teaching at iGCSE and A Level (essential)
- The ability to teach another subject to iGCSE level (desirable)
- Have experience of working in international education
- Have experience of working with children who have English as an additional language
A highly attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate including;
- A salary commensurate with the role
- Furnished individual accommodation at no cost and with no utility bills
- All meals during term time
- Basic medical cover
- Full support with visa application
- One return flight per year payable at the end of each academic session
Contracts are for two years initially with the possibility of extending the period by negotiation with Hailiang Education.
If you have any initial queries about submitting your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be delighted to talk to you about the role before applying.
The application process will be handled by Pate’s Grammar School in the UK. To apply please contact Francesca Coppola, Francesca.Coppola@patesgs.org PA to Head Master, for an application form. Applicants will also need submit their CV and a covering letter.
If shortlisted you will be contacted to arrange an initial interview in person or via Skype. You may be contacted at any stage after submitting your application and the school reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process