Lead Teacher of Science
Vision for Education Sheffield
- Expiring soon
- Quick apply
- £90-£198 Per Day
- Job type:
- Full Time, Supply
- Apply by:
- 16 February 2018
Vision for Education are working in partnership with a busy, and forward thinking Secondary Academy in North-East Sheffield to find an experienced Subject Leader/Deputy Head of Department for Science for a long term supply cover from late March 2018.
We are looking for teachers who believe in Student-centred learning, and have a creative flair which will allow you to create and deliver innovative and engaging lessons, backed up by top of the range resources and facilities to accommodate involvement. On top of this, the ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience supporting the Head of department within a large Science faculty, or has at least 1 year experience working as a Head of Department within a smaller faculty and able to create lasting, honest and trusting relationships with their peers.
The school are an award winning academy with second to none staff CPD opportunities, an inclusive team spirit, and a richly diverse community. The school are looking to speak with Teachers who have proven successes in teaching Science, and supporting the leadership of a department to a high quality. This is a fast paced school, with high expectations.
This position is a full-time post, with management responsibilities for the Science department. We are ideally looking for someone who is available for an immediate start, and can commit to the school long-term. There is the potential of this post becoming permanent for the right person, who fits into the school community and shows the values of a permanent staff member within the community.
We require all teachers who register with Vision for Education to have a current valid DBS registered to the update service, or able to complete a Vision for Education DBS, references covering the last 2 years of your career, and either a Batchelor of Education with QTS, PGCE, have completed a GTP, or ITT within a school and are not currently subject to an outstanding investigation.
Please ensure to bring along with you:
· DBS/CRB registered to the Update Service
· 2 proofs of address dated within the last 3 months
· Passport or Driving licence and Birth certificate
· Qualification Certificates.
· Teacher Number.
· Certifications, e.g. Team Teach, NPECTS etc.
In return, we offer:
· Great rates of pay
· Flexible contracts
· FREE Second to none online CPD training.
· FREE Courses and training.
· Your own dedicated consultant.
All offers are subject to Safeguarding checks and completed application and interview with one of our dedicated consultants.
About Vision for Education Sheffield
- Vision for Education Sheffield
- The Quadrant, 99 Parkway Avenue, Sheffield
- South Yorkshire
- S9 4WG
- United Kingdom
Created in 2008, Vision for Education is a well-established, market-leading teacher supply agency with industry experience and expertise.
What we do
We provide a high-quality recruitment service for schools of all kinds. We’re always interested in talking to teachers, teaching assistants, cover supervisors and other support staff with any level of experience – whether you’re an NQT, busy parent or semi-retired! If you’re looking for daily supply, short & long-term cover – or even a permanent role – we can help. We have branches across the country, with our head office based in Sheffield.
We operate under a simple set of values which impact on everything we do. Our aim is always to be open, honest and ethical in the way we do business; both internally with the way we treat our staff, and externally, in how we look after our clients and candidates. This unique approach to recruitment has made us the first port of call for both schools and teachers alike.
What we offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.