Lead Teacher Post 16 – English
MPS + UPS (inner London) + TLR 2A
Salary range: £28,660 to £47,298 per annum + £2,667 pa
September start (or earlier)
We are seeking to appoint a talented and committed English teacher to contribute to the on-going success of the REPP Faculty. We are an innovative English department that thrives on creativity and excellence. We have the highest expectations and work closely together to ensure we empower our students in school and beyond. We aspire to be one of the highest achieving all-ability boys’ English departments and our staff is dedicated to nurturing an inclusive and caring community. We are part of the thriving Religion, English, Psychology and Philosophy Faculty (REPP) and this role involves supporting groups across all these subjects.
Forest Hill is a popular 11-19 school which exists to serve the local community through innovative teaching and a broad and comprehensive curriculum offer including a strong focus on the Performing Arts. Our joint Sixth Form - SFH6 - consistently achieves higher than national grades and has been judged to be ‘good’ by Ofsted (Dec 2017). The leadership of the school has resulted in the school being “well-placed to move forward” (Ofsted Dec 2017) and we are committed to improving the educational outcomes of young people. We are a community school where “pupils are cared for well” and “are helped to overcome social and personal challenges.” (Ofsted Dec 2017)
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic English teacher with a range of teaching experiences and qualified to teach up to Post 16
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their own area
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of all the subjects in the Faculty
Please visit our website at www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Note - we do not accept CVs. Informal visits are welcome - please contact the school.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 22nd June with interviews scheduled for Thursday 28th June. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and our interview process includes lesson observation.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce.