Leader of Learning – Maths Faculty
Salary Details: Main Scale PLUS TLR 2 (£4,446)
Job Term: 1.0 FTE
Appointment Type: PERMANENT
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to work collaboratively with other Leaders of Learning to develop colleagues in delivering outstanding lessons and develop the Maths curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
Are you an outstanding classroom practitioner for Maths who wishes to take advantage of an excellent and rewarding opportunity to join our school and be part of a vibrant community school within a growing supportive trust with opportunities for further career progression?
The person we appoint will:
- Have experience of leading an area of departmental improvement.
- Have demonstrated effective leadership that has led to quantifiable improvement in his/her current role.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach good or better lessons.
- Play a contributory role in influencing developments in teaching and learning at our school.
- Be forward-looking, innovative with aspiration for further professional enhancement.
- Be committed to pedagogical developments amongst his or her peers.
- Secure continued improvements in student achievement beyond expectation.
- Demonstrate a flexible, inclusive and participatory approach to teaching.
- Contribute towards the further empowerment of our students as active learners for a lifetime of success.
- Role model excellent subject knowledge through teaching and learning
- Have the ability to build upon and evaluate schemes of learning
We would welcome and encourage prospective applicants to come and visit our school to see our excellent facilities.
Heritage High School places a high emphasis on the welfare and safeguarding of its students. This post provides access to children and/or vulnerable adults, therefore candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Closing Date: 16 March 2018
Provisional Interview Date: Thursday 12 April 2018