Reference No : 9771 External Position Closing Date: Thursday 10 December, 2020
Location MAITLAND, All Saints College
Vacancy Type Permanent Full Time
Description All Saints’ College, Maitland is seeking a permanent full-time Leader of Pedagogy - PDHPE to join the school community commencing in Term 1, 2021.
All Saints’ College is a coeducational year 7-12 Catholic School which is part of the Catholic Schools Office, Maitland Newcastle Diocese. Approximately 1500 students and 200 staff spread across 2 campuses, we are the largest school in our diocese and one of the largest Catholic Schools in the state. St Peter’s Campus caters for our year 7-10 students, and St Mary’s Campus caters for our senior students in years 11 and 12.
All Saints' College prides itself on a strong presence in the Maitland community with a well established Catholic tradition. As a College, we encourage our students on their formation journey with a caring and supportive Christian environment.
All Saints' College commits to focusing on each individual child’s ability, offering a unique array of educational, creative, sporting and formation opportunities for the student. Our goal for each student is to grow into lifelong learners that value and build authentic relationships. We are a community committed to a safe and supportive environment nurturing the formation of the whole person celebrating continual growth and success.
Position Requirements This Leader of Pedagogy position has specific responsibility for leadership of the Key Learning Areas in Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE). A Leader of Pedagogy is a member of the College Middle Leadership Team and leader of the PDHPE faculty Learning Team. They have the responsibility to ensure that the learning and teaching taking place reflects the College Mission statements and strategic direction.
As a member of the middle leadership team the coordinator will offer assistance and support in:
• The day to day operations of the school
• The promotion of the Catholic ethos of the school
• The initiation of and contribution to quality teaching and learning programs
• The promotion of effective pastoral care
• The implementation of the school’s policies and procedures
• The promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the middle leadership team
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school.
• Knowledge of and the ability to implement effective and inclusive teaching and learning processes, including the use of learning technology and assessment, to establish a challenging learning environment in which students are encouraged to work towards the attainment of their potential.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Ability to communicate effectively and have an understanding of the need to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
• A demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; to exercise sound judgement; and to support the Leadership Team in leading the mission of the school.
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category C – Accreditation for Leadership
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
• Proven experience and excellence in teaching years 7-12 PDHPE
• Proven track record of collaborative professionalism
Conditions of Employment Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Applications Close Thursday 10 December, 2020
Instructions Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact Name Telephone
Marc Romano (firstname.lastname@example.org) 4933 6177
By email (preferred):
All Saints College, Maitland
16 Grant Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to College Principal – Marc Romano email@example.com Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current principal and previous supervisor. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted* Applications close: Thursday 10th December, 2020. 3.00pm
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastle