Leader of Physics
MPS1 – MPS6 (Plus, TLR 2a)
Initial 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Ormiston Chadwick Academy opened in Widnes in September 2014 serving the community of West Widnes. Our Academy is large enough to offer an outstanding curriculum but small enough to have a strong community ethos in which all students are known and nurtured to achieve their potential.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, motivated and successful Leader of Physics for January 2020. We will appoint a highly effective and innovative leader who is a good team player, with the ability to inspire and motivate staff and students. You will have a clear vision of excellence in Science with the drive, passion and energy that will add to our already outstanding Science department. The successful candidate will enable our learning community to enjoy and achieve success in Science and facilitate progression to advanced studies.
• Be an outstanding and dynamic practitioner of Science.
• Actively contribute to the long term vision and practice of teaching and learning in Science and throughout the academy.
• Be enthusiastic, creative and able to inspire students to reach their full potential.
• Have excellent classroom management skills.
• Create a highly stimulating learning environment in which children want to learn.
• Be committed to delivering engaging lessons that make good use of ICT and modern technologies.
• Have excellent communication skills and be able to work interdependently within faculties.
Further information and an application form can be found on the Academy website;
Please send completed application form to Mrs Jayne Hayes, Personnel Manager, at the above address. Alternatively they can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no CV’s, application forms only
Closing date for applications is Friday 18 October 2019 at 12.00 noon.
Interviews to take place on Monday 21 October 2019.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion.
Ormiston Chadwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Ormiston Chadwick Academy
Liverpool Road, Widnes WA8 7HU
Email: email@example.com / Website: www.ormistonchadwickacademy.co.uk