Strathmore College, Bellringer Road, Trentham Lakes South, Stoke on Trent, ST4 8LJ
Hours 37 hours per week. Term time only.
Strathmore College is seeking a permanent full time Learning Support Assistant working 40 weeks per year term time only - 38 weeks term time + 2 training weeks.
Strathmore College is a residential and day college in Stoke on Trent. The college provides educational provision for learners aged 16-25 years who have mild to severe learning difficulties, emotional, social and behavioural difficulties/disability which include Downs Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Conditions, speech and language difficulties coupled with other health related, mental or physical difficulties. The learner’s needs are increasingly more complex, with a number of learners who were NEET and those who were finding engaging in education and learning challenging. The College uses meaningful, practical learning activities to engage and motivate learners.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Overall the role of Learner Support Assistant is to assist in providing the best possible environment in which the educational, support and developmental needs of individual learners can be met.
- Ensure safeguarding of learners at all times
- During curriculum activities, under the direction of the Tutor, provide support to enable learners to achieve their learning aims
- Support learners to achieve their aims and aspirations in the wider learning experiences
- Assist in the assessment of learners, to ensure that an accurate baseline of developmental needs is identified
- Establish a good relationship with learners by using language and other communication skills that learners can understand and relate to
- Encourage and enable learners to make informed choices in their lives and assist them in working through the consequences and taking responsibility for their behaviour
- Support the well-being of learners in their emotional and social, personal development
- Record progress and achievement of learners.
- Meet the needs of learners by following support and safety plans and risk assessments
- Attend and contribute to planned college events which promote the college and enhances the learners experience
- Where deemed necessary, escort learners when engaged in off-site activities and visits, and provide assistance and instruction where needed. Drive college mini buses as required to support learners
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Principal or their delegate.
For further information or an informal chat please call Kelly on 01782 647380.
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways: https://www.priorycareerpathways.com/
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.