LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT CO-ORDINATOR
Internal Reference: 0175
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £18,041 - £20,786 per annum
As an award-winning college, we are always looking for exceptional staff to help us to grow our ambitions. As such, we are looking to appoint an individual with excellent administrative and organisational skills to assist in the delivery of the College’s learning and development strategy.
Based in the HR team, this diverse role encompasses various aspects of learning and development including:
• Co-ordination of in-house training courses and staff training/development days
• Managing the booking and approval process for staff attendance at external courses
• Delivery of in-house training, under the guidance of the HR Management team
• Co-ordination of the staff onboarding and induction processes
• Co-ordination and monitoring of the College’s probationary period and appraisal schemes
• Providing advice to staff in relation to learning and development and other HR policies
• Monitoring staff attendance at mandatory training
• Monitoring of the learning and development budget
• Producing reports in relation to learning and development
Previous experience of co-ordinating events or projects is essential. You will also require excellent IT skills, including experience of using Microsoft Office packages and the ability to extract information from databases to produce reports. Previous experience of working in the education sector or in a learning and development role is desirable, but not essential.
You should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liase with both internal stakeholders and external training providers, and the ability to multi-task is essential in this varied role. Additionally, you should possess at least a Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
In return, we offer a warm and welcoming college with an excellent benefits package that includes:
• A 25-day annual leave entitlement, plus 8 Bank Holidays and 6 college closure days (plus an additional 5 days of leave after 5 years of service with us)
• A well-respected pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund)
• Free parking at all our College sites (on a first come first served basis)
• Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
• Superb opportunities for training and development
So, if you’d like to be part of a unique organisation that supports one of the largest and most diverse employment sectors in the UK, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 18th April 2019 at 12 noon
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.