Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our KG, British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking a caring and enthusiastic Arabic learning assistant to join the secondary school languages team. The successful candidate will have good team working skills, and the ability to inspire and motivate students. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills and qualities:
- Commitment to student wellbeing and learning
- Diploma or degree
- Relevant work experience
- Good communication and people skills
- Cultural awareness and understanding
- Supporting students learning on an individual basis, in small groups or with whole class
- Carrying out administrative tasks, assisting with displays and preparation of resources
- Supporting teachers with classroom management and promoting positive behaviour
- Assisting with school events and activities
What we offer:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit a fully attested educational certificate, transcript and police certificate.
Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years of age.
How to apply:
Please click on the apply button.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
28 March 2020
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.