Would you like to join an approachable, talented and caring staff team who understand the importance of relationships and innovatively create opportunities for every child to shine and discover what they are good at? Through inspirational teaching and a broad, balanced and creative curriculum, our children receive memorable experiences both in and out of the classroom.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Assistant to play a key role in supporting the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the children’s development. Part of the role would also include helping to support a child with behaviour and learning needs.
This role is term time only (39 weeks) 36.25 Hours per week 8.15am-3.45pm and attendance at weekly staff training sessions after school on Wednesday until 5pm.
Salary: G3/4 £17,934 - £20,653
Pro Rata £15,288 - £17,605
We can offer you:
- The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
- Have experience of working with children
Closing date for applications - Wednesday 18th September
Interview date – Tuesday 24th September
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.