Generations Christian Education is a non-for-profit organisation, with other 30 years at the forefront of Christian International education in Hong Kong, encompassing Small World Christian Kindergarten (*SWCK*), Norwegian International School (NIS) (Kindergarten and Primary campuses), Island Christian Academy (*Island CA*), and a Small World (Generations) Playgroup. The organisation is dedicated to providing high quality English language International education based on sound faith-based foundations. Our schools nurture the whole child in an environment where each student is empowered to flourish academically, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally.
We are looking for dynamic, self-starters who are able to think outside-the-box and function cross-culturally in a 21st Century learning, growth mindset environment to fill these roles. We offer a collaborative work environment where team players are valued and a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental benefits.
Please log on to http://www.generations.edu.hk/working-with-us/currentopenings/ to learn more about the position and to download the Staff Application Form and view the job descriptions. Applicants are required to attach a covering letter, complete and submit the Staff Application Form and required documents by 2 January 2019.
Looking for a new challenge in multiple year levels? Just getting into your teaching career?
Island Christian Academy is a community-minded International School located in the vibrant Soho district in Hong Kong. Island Christian Academy currently has an enrolment of 415 students in Years 1-8. The school is in its seventh successful year of operation and actively expanding!
The school is now seeking a passionate teacher to join our team in a newly-established "Learning Facilitator" role. working across multiple year levels to improve continuity and quality in our learning programme and facilitate learning across the curriculum.
One of the biggest challenges in the international schools setting is to find innovative ways to support teachers and students in a growing programme of learning. There are many opportunities and demands on teachers time that cause disruption to the learning programme.
The new Learning Facilitator will play a key role in supporting teaching and learning across a range of contexts and to provide high-quality support in the classroom both in team teaching and sole-charge situations.
Our school's mission is to:
To help achieve this mission, the Learning Facilitator will:
- contribute to the development of the learning programme across the curriculum
- support learning in classrooms across the Primary and Middle Years programme
- contribute proactively across the school to support the teaching and learning programme in liaison with the Vice Principals and Principal.
- provide regular cover support for teachers and team leaders to enable professional development and mentoring across classes.
- provide regular and ad hoc cover as required by the school, including sick-leave cover.
The ideal candidate will be:
- a qualified classroom teacher with a desire to make a difference in our community of learners
- able to demonstrate their commitment to being a lifelong learner
passionate about Christian education and excited to shape the lives of future generations
- open-minded, flexible and a problem-solver!
- willing to undertake a diverse portfolio of learning assignments in support of our teachers
Newly-qualified teachers are welcome to apply
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you about how you might be the right person to join our team and help shape the future of learning here at Island Christian Academy!