Learning Leader of Music
MPS / UPS plus TLR 3.3 (£1,611)
Required from January 2020
“This is a good school. Pupils are achieving well. Pupils are polite, friendly, wear their uniforms smartly and behave extremely well around school.” Ofsted June 2016
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly effective and motivated candidate to join a successful and welcoming school to make a real difference to our young people.
Sir John Thursby Community College is an oversubscribed secondary school, housed in a state of the art building with facilities to enable the very best teaching and learning to take place every day. Our students are at the centre of all we do and our staff have a passion for improving the life chances of the young people and the community we serve. We are looking for an exceptional leader who can build our Music department and inspire young musicians.
The department sits within the Performing Arts Department. From September 2019 all of our year 9 students will work towards the Arts Mark Award. We are looking for a driven and passionate leader with the inspiration, motivation, vision and expertise:
• To take responsibility for the leadership of the Music department
• To ensure that achievement rises in the department by effective analysis of student performance and through the delivery of an appropriate and inspiring curriculum
• To deliver a range of extra-curricular opportunities to transform the lives of our young people
Further details and application form are available from the college website or Irene Hayhurst (on behalf of the Headteacher) as detailed above.
For application information please:
• download from the ‘vacancies’ section on the college website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
• or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• or telephone 01282 682313
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 17th September 2019
Interviews: 25th or 26th September 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.