£65-£80 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications
Learning mentors offer support and guidance to children and young people who, because of a range of complex issues, might experience difficulties with their learning. Mentors work closely with students who are struggling with social, emotional or behavioural problems, lack of confidence/low self-esteem, mental health issues and poor punctuality or attendance issues.
You will be working alongside teachers and other pastoral staff highlighting the needs of students who require additional interventions, setting targets and liaising with parents/carers and external agencies if required. Meeting with students on a regular basis either on a 1:1 basis or in small groups.
Vision for Education work with a variety of Secondary Schools across Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- excellent communication and listening skills and an ability to empathise
- a high level of literacy and numeracy
- the ability to relate to children and young people
- excellent organisational and time management skills
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of our supply team you will benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements with access to a dedicated Secondary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an Educare training package worth £390
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Learning Mentor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education please contact the Secondary Education team at the Huddersfield branch.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the update service.