KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed Learning Mentor to join our growing academy.
- You will be part of a specialist learning mentor service bridging learning and pastoral support for students and those engaged with them, in order to remove barriers to learning and promote academic achievement.
- You will develop and maintain effective and supportive mentoring relationships with a case load of students in order to support their behaviour, social and/or emotional barriers.
- You will provide timetabled support and guidance to SEN students with complex support requirements or for those who are disengaged with their learning or struggling to cope at school.
- You will advance students’ learning in a range of classroom settings, while providing ongoing support outside the classroom through 1-1 and group sessions and specialist enrichment programmes.
- You will use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, and fully contribute to a professional and purposeful learning environment.
- You will promote the inclusion of all students ensuring that they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- You will work within an extended range of networks and partnerships to broker support and learning opportunities and improve the quality of services to students.
- You will monitor the well-being and progress of individual students and maintain excellent communication with all stakeholders.
Deadline: Apply by Wednesday 20th September 2017.
Please send your completed application form to email@example.com
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children