You will work within the academy library, maintaining, enhancing and running this resource for the benefit of all pupils and staff working with the English Faculty, this will include support with the delivery of the Accelerated Reader programme. In addition you will provide additional learning resource support including the completion and support of reprographics requests, the research and production of learning resources and manage stakeholders needs and queries to a high standard. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail and have a flexible approach to their work. You will be working as part of the supportive and friendly team and your main responsibilities will include duties such as:
• Maintain and enhance the library resource and provision
• Run an inviting library facility at breaks, lunchtimes and immediately after school to encourage and support pupils to make maximum use of this facility
• Procure additional books and resources to provide an appropriate teaching and learning environment in line with faculty requests and budget constraints
• Oversee the booking and use of the library lap tops
• Maintain and enhance the careers library resources and information in conjunction with the Head of Careers
• Liaise with IT to ensure that the electronic library systems are working at the optimum
• Work with staff and students to develop strong reading habits in all pupils
• Support with the provision of Accelerated Reader in Key Stage 3
• In conjunction with the English Faculty support identified pupils to progress with Accelerated Reader
• Support staff with the creation and production of high quality learning resources
• Support the office staff with reprographics requests
• Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job as requested by the Headteacher
1. Enjoyment of reading and learning
6. Ability to support others
7. A strong team player
8. Good sense of humour
• Ability to organise and lead the library facility and resource
• Ability to maintain an orderly and calm working environment for students and staff
• Ability to support and inspire students to develop a love of reading
• Ability to work at own initiative, and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a flexible and responsive way
• Ability to relate well to children and adults.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Competency in numeracy and literacy.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to use ICT effectively to support learning.
• Ability to support the processes and procedures for the effective use of the library.
• Knowledge of appropriate ways of supporting staff and students to get the most from a library and learning resource provision
• Willingness to work with others to support and learn
• Awareness of the Accelerated Reader Programme
• Awareness of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, equal opportunities, confidentiality and data protection and of other relevant legislation.
• Experience working with children, young people.
• Experience of administrative duties.
• Experience of library software
• Experience of creating learning resources
• 5 GCSE pass or equivalent of NVQ Level 2 including English/literacy.
• Appropriate first aid training.
• Further qualifications in English
• A level/Level 3 qualification.