Learning Resources Facilitator
Altrincham Campus but must be able to work flexibly across all 3 campuses
22.75 hours per week, working 38 weeks per year (paid for 45.11 weeks)
£18,687 - £20,472 per annum (full time equivalent salary)
£10,173.78 - £11,145.59 (pro rata salary)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Learning Resources Facilitator at Trafford College Group in order to realise our vision of being a dynamic career college.
This is an exciting time to join the Group following the merger with Stockport College and represents a fantastic opportunity to drive transformational change for the students, employers and communities of Stockport and Trafford.
As a Learning Resources Facilitator you will be responsible for providing effective learning spaces and resources to support independent learning and a welcoming service for all members of the College.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Provide a range of general library and IT support services as required including research enquiries and resource requests; shelving, cash handling, circulation control and administration (library management system) using a range of systems to support LRC utilisation.
• Deliver learning resource/library inductions to both students and staff.
• Provide support to the tutorial system by attending group tutorials and delivering independent research and study skills sessions to groups of learners alongside teaching staff throughout the academic year.
• Liaise with designated FE curriculum teams to acquire and create both digital and printed resources and services appropriate to the changing needs of users and the curriculum.
• Promote and exploit resources and new media forms through displays, publications, video and other digital formats.
• Deal effectively with challenging behaviour, enforcing the Learning Resource Centre rules to maintain an environment conducive to study in accordance with College Code of Conduct.
In order to be successful for this role, it is essential that you possess a Level 3 Library Qualification or initial teaching/training qualification (e.g. PTTLS) or a commitment to achieve within two years, GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above or L2 equivalent and a Level 2 IT Qualification would be desirable.
Working hours will be:-
Monday - 8:50 - 17:00
Tuesday - 8:10 - 17:00
Wednesday - 9:00 - 17:00
If you share our passion for innovation and success there has never been a better time to work for Trafford College Group!
Trafford College Group – New Group - New Opportunities - A Great Place to Work.
The Trafford College Group promotes, celebrates and values diversity and is committed to promoting equality for all.
The Trafford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the Trafford College Group is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
To apply please click on link:
Closing date for receipt of applications: 19 August 2019
Interviews will be held on 2 September 2019