LEARNING SUPPORT & TEACHING ASSISTANTS (Secondary Phase)
Full Time, Term Time Only
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is the only all through school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. Due to our ongoing expansion, we are looking to appoint outstanding candidates to join our secondary phase team. This is a superb opportunity for committed and enthusiastic Learning Support & Teaching Assistants to work offering classroom support and also to work with children with special educational needs & disabilities (SEND).
All applicants must have Teaching Assistant experience and, preferrably some experience of working with secondary-aged students with SEND (this experience may have been gained within a mainstream education, in a specialist provision or maybe outside of education).
We offer successful applicants the opportunity to work as part of a friendly and multi-disciplinary team.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant, preferably at Secondary level.
• Have extensive experience of working with children who have SEND.
• Have NVQ Level 2 qualification (essential)
• Have knowledge of ASD (desirable)
• Are able to prepare and teach effective interventions taking into account the individual needs of learner
• Have a professional manner
• Are enthusiastic and have a friendly approach
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
About the school: St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful outstanding all through school with three school sites; our primary sites are in Woolwich and on the Greenwich Peninsula and our secondary site is based temporarily on the Blackheath Standard and will move to a brand new £40m site on the Greenwich Peninsula in the 2018/19 academic year. St Mary Magdalene leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church.
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• a positive school culture
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Applications will be considered on receipt.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend interview. For further information, please contact Emma Clark by email email@example.com.