“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
We are seeking to appoint committed and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy. We are seeking candidates that are motivated, confident, who can problem solve and take initiative. Ideally, although not exclusively, we would like someone with previous experience of working with individuals with physical and sensory special needs.
The UCL Academy’s SEND department are committed to recruiting talented, highly skilled individuals to support the provision for students in need of learning support. Combining subject knowledge with an expertise in particular areas of need (such as ASD, SEMH and SLCN), the LSA team and SEND teachers are deployed by the SENDCo and Deputy SENDCo to support pupils in accessing the broad and balanced curriculum offered to all learners at the Academy. The SEND team also benefits from the in-house expertise of a Speech and Language Therapist and Educational Psychologist, enabling a flexible approach to specialist intervention.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 year old Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden, United Kingdom. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, the Academy is celebrating another exceptionally successful year of A-level and GCSE results.
Our sponsor University College London provides a range of exciting academic opportunities and exposure to university life for pupils and staff alike. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Staff and students alike will work with the university to develop their teaching and learning in exciting ways informed by the latest research.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources and to work within our connected curriculum;
• Suitable IT equipment for all staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How To Apply:
To apply please complete an application pack by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: Monday 16th September 2019 at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The Academy has the right to interview and appoint before the closing date. Previous applicants need not apply.