We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic colleague to join our dedicated team of Learning Support Assistants. Full training will be provided.
Hours: Monday 8.50-3.50pm, Tuesday to Friday 8.50 – 3.00pm. (There will be an unpaid lunch break of 50 minutes per day). Term time only.
Purpose - to work with and support members of the teaching staff in ensuring that named students with Special Educational Needs and groups of students who require additional support receive the highest possible standards of care and education, ensuring that they are safe, secure and successful.
- Support the teacher in ensuring specific students/groups of students are able to access the planned curriculum.
- Participate in the planning process concerned with delivery of areas of the curriculum
- Assist in the carrying out of a modified curriculum and/or preparation of adapted material.
- Assist students with their language, literacy, numeracy motor skills or behavioural programme as appropriate.
- Monitor and supervise a group of pupils during the daily homework club.
- When appropriate encourage students to work independently and facilitate them remaining on task and focussed.
- Where appropriate, write work on behalf of a student
- Provide general care and welfare and assist in maintaining a safe environment.
- Evaluate students’ learning and verbally feed back to the class teacher.
- Support and follow the school sanction and praise policy.
- When requested, assist with the compilation of reports for use at assessment meetings with other professionals.
- Take part in meetings and discussions on specified students as required
- Attend appropriate INSET on days when timetabled to be in school.
- Attend external training as appropriate