Learning Support Assistant
Bullers Wood School for Girls
- Expiring soon
- Quick apply
- Job type:
- Part Time, Permanent
- Apply by:
- 22 January 2018
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic colleague to join our dedicated team of Learning Support Assistants. Full training will be provided.
Hours: Monday 8.50-3.50pm, Tuesday to Friday 8.50 – 3.00pm. (There will be an unpaid lunch break of 50 minutes per day). Term time only.
Purpose - to work with and support members of the teaching staff in ensuring that named students with Special Educational Needs and groups of students who require additional support receive the highest possible standards of care and education, ensuring that they are safe, secure and successful.
- Support the teacher in ensuring specific students/groups of students are able to access the planned curriculum.
- Participate in the planning process concerned with delivery of areas of the curriculum
- Assist in the carrying out of a modified curriculum and/or preparation of adapted material.
- Assist students with their language, literacy, numeracy motor skills or behavioural programme as appropriate.
- Monitor and supervise a group of pupils during the daily homework club.
- When appropriate encourage students to work independently and facilitate them remaining on task and focussed.
- Where appropriate, write work on behalf of a student
- Provide general care and welfare and assist in maintaining a safe environment.
- Evaluate students’ learning and verbally feed back to the class teacher.
- Support and follow the school sanction and praise policy.
- When requested, assist with the compilation of reports for use at assessment meetings with other professionals.
- Take part in meetings and discussions on specified students as required
- Attend appropriate INSET on days when timetabled to be in school.
- Attend external training as appropriate
About Bullers Wood School for Girls
- Bullers Wood School for Girls
- St. Nicolas Lane, Logs Hill, Chislehurst
- BR7 5LJ
- United Kingdom
Bullers Wood is a highly successful comprehensive 11 – 19 girls’ school with boys admitted to the sixth form. We are significantly oversubscribed, with admissions from over 50 primaries, and enjoy an excellent reputation in the community.
The number on roll is 1587, including 458 students in the mixed sixth form. We serve a very supportive community, and parents/carers have a choice of Bullers Wood as a comprehensive school for girls or selective education within Bromley and other LAs (Bexley, Kent).
The staff at Bullers Wood are friendly, hardworking and conscientious. We actively promote continuing professional development for all staff, in line with the needs of the individual and those of the School. We offer a full and comprehensive induction and ongoing support programme for all new staff. NQTs are allocated a dedicated mentor to support them through their NQT year.
The School is a founder member of the highly regarded Bromley Schools Centred Initial Teacher Training Collegiate which enables our staff to share their expertise and good practice with others. We also train teachers through the Graduate Teacher Programme.
Twenty-two acres of woodland and landscaped grounds surround Bullers Wood House, a mansion with interior design by William Morris and exterior by Ernest Newton – both leading Victorian designers. This makes it unique, creating a high-quality environment and atmosphere which students enjoy and remember.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.