De Lucy is a “Good” school on our journey towards outstanding. We are a popular and successful school based in Abbey Wood, South East London in the transition from two form entry to three form entry (currently up to Year 5).
Inclusion is at the heart of all we do and we are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to support children throughout the school on a one to one basis who are either on the Autistic Spectrum, have complex needs or have social emotional and mental health difficulties.
You would be working as part of our inclusion team under the leadership of our Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion.
It will be essential that you have:
- NVQ Level 2 or higher qualification
- Willingness to undertake training
- Previous experience as working as a teaching assistant/learning support assistant
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs and disablities
- Awareness of child protection procedures
We can offer you:
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Strong leadership with a clear strategic direction
- High quality CPD leading to excellent professional development
To request an application pack or to arrange a visit please contact Mrs A Moran School Business Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be requested for those shortlisted ONLY and prior to interview.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Noon Friday 20th April 2018
Interviews: Thursday 26th and Friday 27th April 2018
De Lucy Primary School is committed to our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children as outlined in the Working Together to Safeguard Children at Risk (SCIE Report 39).
We are committed to recruiting candidates who share the commitment to safeguarding, and therefore we apply robust recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that the people selected are right for the job, and that all candidates are appropriately screened prior to appointment.