‘Behaviour is good and contributes well to students’ achievement. Students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong. They are keen and ambitious and respond well to challenges. Students treat each other and adults with respect and courtesy and feel very safe.’ Latest Ofsted Inspection Report, October 2013
Applications are welcome from both experienced Teaching Assistants and those considering this, or teaching, as a career.
The school is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of Learning Support Assistant who will assist in supporting pupils with special educational needs in a variety of situations.
Our aim is to reflect the Catholic values proclaimed in the Gospel by providing a caring community.
· We require someone who is enthusiastic and highly committed to working with individuals who have additional learning needs.
· This rewarding role would suit someone with experience of working with young people who also has knowledge of different teaching styles to engage students
· The successful candidate will be competent with Maths and English, possess good organisational skills, ICT literacy and excellent communication skills.
· Have knowledge and experience of children who have behavioural needs and experience of supporting with development of social skills
· Show initiative and a keenness to be involved in all aspects of school life.
· The applicant needs to be able to readily make positive relationships with all students and to engage, motivate and stretch our young people.
· They should be passionate about promoting learning engagement and achievement to ensure all students fulfil their full potential.
The school offers opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working in an established team with supportive colleagues. We have a strong community spirit and a positive behaviour culture.
The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position, please complete the on line application form as under safeguarding procedures we are unable to accept any CVs.