An Outstanding Opportunity
· Hitchin Girls’ School is a successful 11 – 18, friendly, over-subscribed, all ability Academy school rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
· With 1150 students on roll, including a Sixth Form of 270, we are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about education to join us at an exciting time in the development of the school, with an increase in admission numbers from September 2018 onwards.
· In 2018 at A level, students achieved outstanding results across the whole grade range, with 22 students achieving all A* and A grades, a significant increase from 2017.
· At GCSE, one third of all grades achieved were A/A* or 7 and above and 24% of Year 11 gained at least one grade 9 in their GCSEs; 9% of results were grade 9 compared to the national figure of 4%. 89% of grades achieved were C or higher or 4 and above. 83% of our students achieved the threshold in English and Mathematics (currently a grade 4) and 63% of students achieved a 'strong pass' (grade 5 or above) in English and Mathematics.
We can offer you:
· Excellent induction, with staff wellbeing as a priority.
· Students who want to achieve their best and be involved in developing their learning.
· An opportunity to be part of our expanding Teaching Alliance, both delivering and receiving support with colleagues.
· A school located in the heart of the market town of Hitchin, 30 miles north of London, surrounded by beautiful countryside. We are close to both the M1 and A1M motorways and a few minutes’ walk from the train station with a fast (30 minutes) service to Kings Cross and Cambridge.
· Alongside our impressive 1907 built main school building we are developing new facilities to support 21st century education. A dedicated Sixth Form Centre opened in 2014 containing classrooms and a large study area.
· A new sports centre opened in January 2018, comprising a four court sports hall, dance studio, fitness suite and classroom.
· Student numbers increased from September 2018, and to support this a brand new 10 classroom teaching block has just been completed along with an additional science lab, expanded dining facilities and a new staff car park.
· As the lead school of the North Herts. Teaching Alliance, we are now working collaboratively with more than 12 local schools and this number continues to grow.
So, if you want to be part of a school that strives to be exceptional and provide an exceptional experience for all students and all staff, get in touch.
This role is full time, term time plus INSET days.
Interviews will be held on Monday 17 December 2018.
To apply, use the Apply Now button. Or contact the school on 01462 621300 for further information.
We reserve the right to close this application early if a suitable candidate is found.