Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Learning Support Assistant
Grade: B1.4 – B2 .7 £18,426 - £19,554 – Pro Rata £15,689 - £16, 650 Term Time only plus 5 days.
Accountable to: Senco/ Assistant Senco
Leeds East Academy is a diverse and vibrant school community which has recently been judged as ‘Good’ across all areas of the Ofsted framework. In the Ofsted report inspectors commented; 'Leaders' aspirations for the school are high. They are determined that all of their pupils, regardless of background, will achieve as highly as possible. Leaders have created an ambitious and optimistic culture across the school'. The school has been on a rapid journey of improvement securing a progress 8 score in 2018 in line with the national average. Housed within a state-of-the-art school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining a forward thinking organisation committed to securing the highest educational, professional and personal standards for the community we serve.
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our team. To accelerate the progress of our students, ensuring that they can access the curriculum we offer through regular support and achievement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be able to differentiate classwork and activities according to ability and plan, create and use appropriate resources for your students.
- The successful candidate will assist with the development, management and use of resources, and aid departments with planning and schemes of learning.
- You will play a vital role regarding in-class support, be it aiding subject teachers with provisions in the planning process or as direct in-class support.
- To carry out essential cover (which constitutes as any lesson cover to avoid supply cover) in the absence of teachers.
- To use specialist skills, training and experience to support students’ learning.
- To establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- To support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs including: social, emotional, health, physical, hygiene, education and welfare.
- To encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities.
- To promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of the academy core values. To promote positive values, attitudes and good student behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage students to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom, working with the Senco and teachers to establish an appropriate, tailored learning environment, evaluating and adjusting seating plans and learning as appropriate. To be aware of and support differences and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- To plan Intervention and implement agreed learning activities and programmes, adjusting activities according to student response/needs. To monitor and evaluate student responses to learning activities and ensure a smooth reintegration back into mainstream lesson with clear communication for teaching staff.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding.
We're securing our vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation in West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs almost 400 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College which, along with the White Rose Academies Trust, is part of the Luminate Education Group. Other members of the group include Leeds College of Music, Keighley College and Harrogate College. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly outstanding Trust.
Closing Date: 20th January 2020 – 9.00 am
Shortlisting: W/C 20th January 2020
Interview Date: W/C 20th January 2020
Start Date: ASAP
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk . To apply, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of Monday 20th January 2020 – 9.00 am. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.