Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
Salary: Competitive salary offered based on skills and experience
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: September 2018
We are seeking to appoint a creative and inspirational LSA who is ready for the next stage in their career.
● Are you an experienced SEND practitioner?
● Are you ready to manage a skilled and enthusiastic LSA team?
● Do your high expectations of learning inspire and motivate students and staff
The successful candidate will be:
● An outstanding LSA seeking to achieve professional development
● An excellent communicator with students, parents/carers and staff
● Committed to developing 21st century learning skills and qualities for every child
● Excited by the opportunities presented by different learning methodologies and new technologies
● Someone with Business and Vocational Learning experience
About Wapping High School:
● Inclusive multicultural 11 – 16 Free School located in East London
● An innovative digital and flexible 21st century learning environment
● Small school with only 84 students in each year group
● All Year 7, 8 and 9 pupils have their own chromebook devices
● We offer a range of GCSE subjects
● An exciting curriculum including REAL projects and STEAM in Key Stage 3 where pupils develop their knowledge of Humanities and scientific skills through projects that incorporate engineering, technology, coding and other digital skills
● We actively engage with the wider community through trips, visits and projects
● Competitive salaries based on experience and skills
● The chance to learn from the best practitioners in this country and around the world to develop new approaches in learning
● Outstanding CPD opportunities
● A supportive environment where staff are valued as an integral part of the Wapping High family
Visits to the school are warmly welcome as are informal discussions with our Head, Mr Gary Nelson or Assistant Head and Assistant Head / Leader of SENCo, Mr Will Overil.
Please contact the school on 020 3597 3670 or via email email@example.com if you wish to arrange either of these.
Wapping High School is committed to the protection and safety of its students and to promoting their welfare. To that end identity, enhanced DBS and medical checks will be required from the successful applicant. The school is also an employer committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications regardless of age, gender or ethnicity.
We hope that after reading the information pack you will want to apply for the post advertised.
If you wish to proceed, please return the completed application form together with a supporting statement, addressing the Person Specification. Please also complete and return the enclosed disclosure and equal opportunities monitoring forms.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting full job title.
Closing Date- Monday 16th July at 16:00
Shortlisting will be shortly after closing date with interviews commencing week beginning Monday 16th July.