Learning Support Assistant
Required from mid-August 2018. Full time (Mon-Thurs 1.30pm - 5pm, Friday earlier start with earlier finish).
Pardes House Grammar School is seeking to appoint a supportive Learning Support Assistant who is focused on inspiring and engaging our students fully. We have small class sizes, highly motivated students and a warm family atmosphere.
The Learning Support Assistant (LSA) will:
· work with students 1:1, in small groups and within the classroom
· assist in class activities and with independent work to GCSE level (under the instruction of the class teacher)
· support learning and help to raise attainment by helping to engage students in tasks and maintain their focus
· encourage independent learning and positive/active participation in lessons
· build students’ confidence, by directing their learning activities rather than doing them for them
· monitor behaviour and progress of students, completing departmental intervention/progress records
· provide students with daily feedback - academic performance and behavioral
· have a firm but patient, empathetic approach
· be child friendly in their language, approach and relationship building
· have experience and knowledge of special needs
· have experience and confidence to support students in Mathematics to GCSE level
· be prepared to support in examinations as a reader and/or scribe
· assist with planning and preparing materials for lessons to help with differentiation and support
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check under the Rehabilition of Offenders Act 1974.