OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our small and friendly team at our Ridgeway Campus are seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated LSA to provide support for SEND students across KS2 to KS4 and assist the Learning Support Coordinator where necessary.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
• To provide in class support to SEND students under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinator
• To work with teachers to support the learning, educational progress and inclusion of pupil(s) with an EHCP
• Organise and manage all necessary resources and an appropriate learning environment
• Assess, manage and deliver learning support to SEND students using knowledge and specialist skills
• To act as a Key Worker for identified pupils, regularly liaising with parents and staff to ensure progress against Learning Plan targets
• To work closely with allocated pupils, understanding how to motivate and encourage them to achieve and progress through the development of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge (ASK)
• Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities through support of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge
• To build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treat them consistently and be concerned for their development as learners, supporting them and responding to their individual needs
• Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies
• Work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence
• To be familiar with the school curriculum, the age-related expectations of pupils and main teaching methods for age ranges in which you are involved
The successful applicant will:
• Be adaptable, resilient and have a desire to make a lasting difference to the lives of our students
• Have relevant qualifications or experience working in a school with pupils requiring additional support
• Enjoy being part of a supportive team
• Be caring and enthusiastic
• Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
In return we offer:
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Dedicated and talented specialist staff who work together to continually build upon our high standards
• On-going CPD with support from our Teacher Training Academy - our innovative skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout OneSchool Global UK
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK
For a visit or an informal discussion please call the campus directly on 03300 552 611 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Monday 14th October 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Ridgeway Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment