About our School
Ivanhoe Grammar School is a co-educational independent school with campuses in Ivanhoe, Doreen and Macleod.
A central philosophy of the School is to develop and educate young men and women of character and this philosophy extends beyond the classroom; learning is an important aspect of life and we honour this not only as educators but as an organisation. Staff are encouraged to pursue their interests through personal development and extended learning opportunities and are supported to do and be their best.
We believe that school is defined by its people and at the heart of Ivanhoe Grammar School is a commitment to appointing great people at all levels of employment.
About the role
The Scool is actively seeking qualified and experienced Learning Support Assistants for our Primary Years at our Plenty Campus. We are seeking to recruit two permanent part time roles commencing as soon as possible. These roles are either 15 or 17 hours per week.
The Learning Support Assistants provide assistance with the educational program and work under the direction and supervision of relevant Academic staff to support students. These roles work directly with students with a strong sense of empathy and care in our highly professional teaching and learning environment. The Learning Support Assistants must demonstrate a calm, caring and respectful manner and model the School’s Ivanhoe Learner values to a high standard at all times.
These roles may undertake supervision of students in playgrounds, at camps and on excursions.
- You are an experienced Learning Support Assistant or a similar
- The ideal candidate has a Certificate III in Educational Support qualification or equivalent experience working as a Learning Support Assistant in a Primary setting
- You will have (or be willing to obtain) a First Aid Certificate (Apply First Aid HLTAID003) and Anaphylaxis Management Training (ASCIA eLearning VIC or 22300VIC or 10710NAT)
- Must hold, or be willing to obtain at own cost, a current Working With Children Check
- Demonstrate a calm, caring and respectful manner
- Free on site car parking
- Ongoing personal professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
- On site gym access
- Generous fee tuition discount
- On site cafe
Only applications using the online application form will be accepted.
Please indicate any preference for positions in your cover letter.
Ivanhoe Grammar School