Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA to work with students with Autism at a specialist school in the London Borough of Hillingdon. The school caters for children across both primary and secondary age groups. The Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA will ideally have experience working with students with Autism, and will be available to start as soon as possible. Initially, this is a long-term supply role for the autumn term, but there is opportunity for this to become a permanent position in the future.
About the Role
· Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
· Working with children with Autism
· Supporting students aged between 3 and 19 years of age; giving them the opportunity to access mainstream curriculum with differentiated and individual planning
· Experience of Team Teach and de-escalation would be hugely beneficial, but is not a prerequisite
· Daily rate from £70
About the School
· Rapidly improving, independent special school for students with ASD
· Personalised teaching
· Well-resourced environment which has been designed specifically for students with ASD
· Access to a brilliant network of therapists and specialists in Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy, Drama Therapy, Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy, Music Therapy and has recently introduced an area for Lego Therapy
· Students are taught in small class sizes based on age and ability, with each students barriers and anxieties catered for as best as possible
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Proven experience working with students with Autism (desirable, but not essential)
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
· Team Teach training and de-escalation (beneficial)
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD3683.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.