Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant / LSA / SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to join a small Special Educational Needs school in Kensington and Chelsea. The school caters for students between 8 – 19 years old who have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. The Learning Support Assistant / LSA / SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to be comfortable supporting students on a 1:1 basis. Although small, the school offers fantastic opportunities for career progression with a very supportive senior leadership team. This will be a permanent position to commence in February 2019.
About the Role
• Learning Support Assistant / LSA / SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
• February 2019 start
• Permanent contract
• To work 1:1 with a 14 year old girl who is working at a lower ability
• Student is on the autistic spectrum and has challenging behaviour issues
• Working with the class teacher and up to three other support staff within the classroom
• Assisting and supporting the children with classroom work, as well as off-site trips
• Onsite training provided, where needed
• £16,000-£22,000 (dependent on experience)
About the School
• Strong and supportive leadership with excellent CPD
• Career progression opportunities
• 11 students on role
• ASD, SLD, MLD and PMLD students
• Fantastic resources and equipment
• Outstanding sensory room with interactive floor projector
• Lots of extra-curricular activities to help stimulate the students’ creative side
• Purpose built outdoor playground with glass roof and sponge floor enabling year round use
• Open plan school design
• Short walk to local London Underground stations
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant / LSA / SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Relevant experience working in SEN Schools
• Experience with Challenging behaviour students
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DJW21837.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.