26 hours per week
Term time only (39 weeks) Event Linked Post
Sacred Heart is a vibrant two form Catholic inner city primary school with an ASD base. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed learning support assistant to join our friendly, welcoming team of staff in the Early Years. This post is an event linked position, to support one named pupil with SEN and medical needs in the Nursery. Our children are lively and a pleasure to teach, they will welcome you wholeheartedly to the Sacred Heart community.
The successful candidate will:
- Either have tracheotomy training or be willing to undertake training.
- Makaton training or be willing to undertake training.
- First aid training or be willing to undertake training.
- Experience of working with early years pupils
- Experience of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the EYFS curriculum.
- Have secure subject knowledge with literacy and numeracy skills in particular.
- Be able to communicate clearly with young children
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively within the early years team and the wider school community.
- Be fully committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all pupils.
In return we can offer:
- A well-resourced curriculum in a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Support from a highly experienced SENCO
- A proactive and enthusiastic early years staff team dedicated to learning
- Well behaved and motivated children
- Opportunities for professional development
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
For any further details please contact the school on the telephone number or email below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email or post.
Closing date: 15 December 2017 (at noon)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Please note that we do not accept CVs
SACRED HEART PRIMARY SCHOOL
Este Road, Battersea,
London, SW11 2TD.
Tel no: 020 7223 5611
Web site address: www. sacredheartschoolbattersea.co.uk Executive Head Teacher: Mr J. Brading Associate head Nicola Byrne
THE FEDERATION OF SACRED HEART AND ST MARY’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOLS, BATTERSEA