An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Learning Assistant to join our vibrant school on a journey from Good to Outstanding.
Danetree Primary School has gone through an exciting journey to become a four form entry Primary school in September 2016. Rated by Ofsted as a 'Good' school, we pride ourselves on the commitment and dedication of the entire staff body, we proudly promote our passion and desire to assist in the educational development and enhancement of each and every child within our school.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring LA to play a key role in supporting the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the childrens development.
Our mission is clear; Danetree is a caring school where learning is creative, challenging and inspiring; enabling all to achieve their potential.
This role is 33 Hours per week to include lunchtime duties and attendance at weekly staff training sessions after school
Pro Rata Salary Range: £12,081 - £13,666
We can offer:
• A supportive and approachable senior management team.
• Continuous personal development through our tailored CPD programme.
• An exciting chance to assist in the educational progression of young children.
• Job satisfaction.
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
• Be flexible with regard to other classroom work.
With our plans well underway for our new early years and infant building this coming September, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
Interviews: Wednesday 28th March 2018.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds and from educators seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.