LEARNING SUPPORT TEACHER (KEY STAGE 2)
The St Marylebone CE School is seeking to appoint a dedicated Learning Support Teacher with Key Stage 2 and SEN experience to meet the needs of the students coming into Year 7 next year.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the School’s friendly and supportive SEN team. The School is a dynamic and inspiring place to work and invests energetically in the growth and CPD of its staff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with our Head of SEN, SENCo and other experienced teaching professionals providing support and guidance, your role will be to:
· Plan, deliver, co-ordinate and monitor progress across the Key Stage 2 programme.
· Liaise / co-plan and advise teachers to adapt current KS3 curricula to be suitable for Key Stage 2 levels.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
· Founded in 1791, we are an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith.
· Rated successively ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, the School is one of the best performing state schools nationally.
· We are the Lead School in The St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and offer teacher training programmes.
· The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
PERSON SPECIFICATION - WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· A proven track record of success at contributing to the learning and development of Key Stage 2 pupils with SEN.
· Experienced in SEN (moderate learning needs) at primary level.
· The ability to work on your own initiative, as well as being able to work collaboratively as part of a supportive team.
· Genuine and demonstrable interest in working with young people and education.
· Commitment to achievement for all, regardless of background or ability.
· Good reading, writing, numeracy and communication skills.
· Enthusiasm, initiative, resilience and pro-activity.
· Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
Successful candidates will be included in our structured appraisal process and wide range of training and development opportunities. Your skills will be valued and the School will be committed to your professional development.
· Contract: one year fixed-term contract 1st September 2018 - 31st August 2019 in the first instance.
· Working hours: part-time (2 days per week).
· Other benefits: Employee Assistance Programme to support your health and wellbeing.
· Salary: Teachers’ Main Pay Scale / Unqualified Pay Scale (Inner London) plus SEN allowance, dependent upon experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out an application form available to download from: stmarylebone.school/contact/vacancies/
As part of the form you will need to complete a short statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) demonstrating your suitability for the position.
Please return your application form to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 29th June 2018
Start date: 1st September 2018
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).