Middle School Teacher (m/f) – Learning Support
Job Start: 01 August 2018
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full time, initially time limited contract of employment for two years, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds, thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our Primary and Secondary Schools offer a high quality educational programme for over 630 children aged 6 to 18. They support each student’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an internationally oriented context. In the Primary School the International Primary Curriculum is used as a tool to support and develop learning in a theme based approach. The Cambridge English and Maths Programmes are also used to ensure that we provide a clear and consistent curriculum that appropriately challenges the students. In the Secondary School, our curriculum prepares students for the International General Certificate in Education (IGCSE) at the age of 16, followed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) at the age of 18.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a Middle School (Grades 5-8) Learning Support Teacher starting 01 August 2018 who will join the Student Support Services Team.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Supporting and enriching the learning for students who have been identified as being at risk of not achieving their potential
- Assessing students’ needs using standard assessment tools
- Developing and monitoring learning support Individualised Educational Plans for students
- Delivering an effective support programme to students on the learning support register
- Using flexible models of provision to include: small group withdrawal; co-teaching and in-class support
- Collaborating with class teachers and other Student Support Services members on an ongoing basis
You should be:
- An enthusiastic, caring and inspiring teacher
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging learning support programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- Willing to support and implement existing programmes and practices
- Keen to continue to develop good practice which is suited to our needs and setting
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- A team player willing to work alongside, and support, colleagues
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A degree in Special Education
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community
- What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
Leipzig is an historic, green, vibrant university city that is well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe.
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
+49 341 – 393 77 630
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes are available on our website www.lis.school.