Required to work in this busy and vibrant department. A full time contract for 2 terms commencing in January 2018. Qualification in SEND is an advantage.
Danes Hill is a leading co-educational day preparatory schools in Oxshott, Surrey, providing boys and girls aged 3 to 13 with a broad and balanced curriculum.
Teaching and Learning
- To teach individual pupils and/or small groups with appropriate regard to their abilities and needs.
- To teach underlying skills required to facilitate learning and develop strategies to transfer these skills to the classroom.
- To work through structured learning programmes devised from external agency reports where available and have well prepared lessons and notes for each lesson delivered. Attendance of child to be recorded.
- To teach in a multi-sensory way in order to help pupils to store and retrieve information more easily.
- To create a climate where learning is enjoyable and children are relaxed, enabling them to reach their full potential. Organising the teaching area that is conducive to an effective learning process and a well ordered stimulating environment.
- To be aware of current research and legislation in relevant areas of SEND and be willing to apply different approaches to teaching.
- To maintain good order, discipline and respect for others among pupils, to promote understanding of School rules and values and to safeguard health and safety matters.
- To prepare and review Learning Support Plans (IEP) each term based on reports available.
- To work as a team player when preparing timetables and be flexible to changes therein.
- To administer standardised reading/spelling tests and keep record of individual pupil’s progress.
- Write reports in line with the school reporting dates.
- To communicate and consult with parents as necessary, recording all formal communication.
- To liaise with the Director of Learning Support with regard to pupil progress, development and social welfare.
- To main and research a wide variety of resources and teaching techniques.
- To go on further training opportunities to enhance teaching skills and develop personal areas of interest and expertise.
Please visit the Danes Hill School website for more information www.daneshillschool.co.uk/Vacancies
Please send an email to the Director of Learning Support with a CV and covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on receipt therefore early submissions are recommended.
Danes Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Applications will be considered on receipt, therefore, early submissions would be recommended.