Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Based in our Faculty of Professional Studies, we are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach on our Access (Biology) provision. As well as being an inspiring lecturer with the ability to enable all learners to reach their true potential, you will hold an appropriate subject qualification to degree level along with a Level 5 teaching qualification such as the Diploma in Education and Training (formerly DTLLS) or equivalent or willingness to obtain it.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach on agreed Access programmes.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain one.
- Has a first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Biology, please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 17 th June 2018 with Interviews to be held on 27 th June 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.