Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach Brickwork. You will have relevant industrial experience as well as being qualified to level 3 in your subject area. In addition you will have experience of teaching or training young people and hold, or be working for, appropriate teaching and assessor/verifier qualifications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lecture and assess students in construction on a range of courses up to and including level 3 with a particular focus on Construction diplomas.
- To carry out assessments for both full time and WBL students
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- To act as a personal tutor and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
- Undertake the normal administrative duties required of lecturers including assistance with enrolment, induction and providing management information as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Is qualified to NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject and has recent / appropriate industrial experience).
- Has a relevant level 5 teaching qualification (DET/DTLLS/PGCE or equivalent) or willingness to train for one.
- Holds, or is willing to train for Assessor and Verifier Awards.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Brickwork, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form. Please also specify in your supporting information, your preferred location (Stafford College / Newcastle under Lyme College / either site).
The closing date for completed applications is 10 th June 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.