Lecturer/Teacher in Construction and the Built Environment
- Hours of work: Full time / part time opportunities available
- Location: Castleford and Wakefield Campuses
Unqualified: £24,759 - £26,250 pro rata per annum
Qualified: £27,035 - £31,332 pro rata per annum
Up to £34,229 + Market forces payment options could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidates. This can be discussed at interview.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Lecturer/Teacher in Construction and the Built Environment, where you will join our hard working and successful Construction team, to support every student to reach their full potential and progress and develop skills at higher levels.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and qualified Construction professional, with a passion for teaching and learning, who can inspire young people and help them achieve their goals.
You will benefit from the superbly-equipped workshops and specialist rooms available at our purpose-built Castleford Campus.
As Lecturer/Teacher in Construction and the Built Environment, you should:
- Hold a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction (or other related discipline)
- Have GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of teaching Civil Engineering or Construction
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum
- A track record of good success rates in teaching and learning
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 14 October 2019 at 11am.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.