Full-time, Full-year, Permanent
Cambridge Regional College is a dynamic institution with good opportunities for personal and professional development. This key and very exciting role falls in the Engineering & Motor Vehicle in the Engineering area.
The Engineering facilities have recently undergone a GBP 3.6M refurbishment as detailed below:
- All teaching rooms have been fully modernised with the latest teaching facilities.
- A fully updated general machine shop that has 14 new lathes, 10 mills, 5 drilling machines, 3 Precision grinding machines and 20 new bench spaces plus more
- A newly built welding workshop fully equipped with various welding processes in 22 bays, including MIG/TIG MMA, OXY-Acetylene, plastic, plasma and Gas cutting
- A newly built Materials and Science laboratory including composite engineering
- A new built workshop for CNC, CAD/CAM, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, PLC, rapid prototyping and Robotics
- A newly built workshop for Mechanical and Electrical maintenance skills development
- 2 new electronics laboratories with 38 bays fully kitted with all new measuring and test equipment.
The Department of Engineering & Motor Vehicle is looking to recruit a lecturer to teach across a varied and interesting range of programmes from level 2 through to HNC/D level 4/5.
Full time Permanent
The specialist teaching subjects that we are looking for the successful candidate to have could be some of the following: Applications and principles of electronic devices and circuits, Electrical and electronic principals,Electronic measurement and testing, Micro electronics, CAD,
Principals and applications of analogue electronics Mechanical Principles and Applications; Electro,Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices; Communications for Engineering Technicians; CNC, Instrumentation and Control; Engineering Science; and Maintenance of devices and systems.
The successful candidate will also be a course tutor for a group of learners. Ideally qualified to Degree level or at least HNC/D in Engineering and have work related experience. Teaching and assessing experience is desirable, but full training will be provided as part of professional development.
To apply for the Job or view a copy of the job description, please click here