Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
The position will cover Vocational Sport and Fitness provision. The post MAY include some teaching based at an outreach centre in the Crewe/Alsager area.
To be successful you will be enthusiastic and suitably qualified with the experience and ability to deliver high quality teaching on our range of Sport programmes including Level 2 BTEC in Sport, Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport, Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport Science and some of our adult PT courses in Fitness. This may require weekend/evening work. Ideally you will also have experience of teaching on the Higher National Certificate/Diploma (HNC/D) in Sport.
As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge, you will have an appropriate subject qualification in Sport or Sport Science to degree or equivalent. You will also hold or be willing to study for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
The main duties of the post holder are:
- To teach and assess on courses including, Level 2 BTEC in Sport, Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport, Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport Science, HNC/D in Sport and some of our adult PT courses in Fitness.
- To undertake core duties including preparation of flexible learning materials, setting of assessments, marking, monitoring student progress and associated tutorial support, preparing student reports, attending Open Days and Parents’ Evenings.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- To undertake the normal administrative duties required of lecturers including assistance with admissions (including interviews at welcome evenings for prospective students), enrolment, induction and providing management information as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a degree in a Sport Science or Sport related subject.
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (PGCE (PCET) or equivalent) or willingness to train for one
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Vocational Sport, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 21st April 2019.
Teachers' Pension Scheme & Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.