Department of Education
Vacancy Ref: IAF0026-2
Lecturer H3 grade: £38,779 to £49,888 per annum incl. of London Weighting
Senior Lecturer H5 grade: £54,298 to £59,116 per annum incl. of London Weighting
Brunel University London is investing in the development of Initial Teacher Education (ITE) within the Department of Education. The successful applicant for this ITE related post would work in a vibrant and forward-looking team who are committed to providing high quality, principled and innovative ITE provision. We are a Department that continues to go from strength to strength in our portfolio of taught programmes, external engagement activity and in our research profile and scholarly activity.
- The Department was graded ‘Outstanding’ for both PGCE Primary and Secondary Initial Teacher Education provision in our Ofsted inspection of 2015
- The Department offers a continuum of provision including: BA Education; PGCE Primary and Secondary programmes with QTS; MA in Education; Professional Doctorate in Education (EdDoc); and a PhD in Education
- In REF 2014 60% of our research was identified as world leading or internationally excellent; 90% of our impact was graded as internationally excellent; this made us the most improved education Department in terms of 3* and 4* outputs and impact
- Research in the Department is focused on STEM Education, Pedagogy and Curriculum, Teacher Education and Professional Education, Social Justice, Inclusive Education, Educational Theory and Policy
- The Complete University Guide 2017-2018 rates us as first in London for Education.
We have recently made several strategic and exciting appointments in the Department and we are now seeking to make another appointment for a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Primary ITE. Applicants should ideally have experience of teaching in the primary phase and have experience of ITE in either HEI or school-based settings. We particularly welcome applicants with expertise in Primary English or Primary Science. You will be expected to participate in all aspects of planning, teaching and assessment and student support on the programme, as well as supporting recruitment and undertaking course administration, ITE partnership development and quality assurance work. You should also have well developed communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Applicants can apply for either a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer post. At each of these levels you can select to apply for either a post integrating both Teaching and Research requirements or an Educational Academic post, which requires engagement in scholarly activity but does not require an existing research profile. Applicants for Teaching and Research posts must have completed or be near completion of a PhD or EdDoc, whilst for the Educational Academic post, a minimum of a first degree is required.
The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, childcare disqualification regulations and teacher prohibition order checks.
In submitting your application, please ensure you clearly state whether you are applying for the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer post and whether that post integrates Teaching and Research, or is for an Educational Academic post.
The application should include a CV and a letter of application which addresses the job description and specification. Each of these documents should be no longer than two sides of A4. If applying for the Teaching and Research post, please provide a separate list of research publications and relevant research activity.
If appointed to a Teaching and Research post, you will be expected to participate in at least one of the College research centres, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability and Global Lives, or a University Research Institute.
For an informal conversation about this post please contact Dr Cathy Gower, Head of the Department of Education via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 17th April 2018
For further details and to apply please visit https://careers.brunel.ac.uk
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND REPRESENTING THE DIVERSITY OF THE COMMUNITY WE SERVE