Are you passionate about Electrical Installation? Are you enthusiastic about inspiring and motivating students to fulfill their potential? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest FE colleges in the North West.
This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills and knowledge at Further Education level and inspire the next generation. Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment, you will be responsible for teaching and assessing students on Electrical Installation programmes from Level 1 to level 3. Excellent organisational skills, enthusiasm and passion for teaching with the ability to motivate and inspire students is essential.
Applicants welcome from recent graduates, experienced teachers with a background in electrical installation and time served electricians looking for a career in teaching – support will be available to undertake a PGCE.
The successful candidate must:
· Have completed a time served electrical installation apprenticeship.
· Be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in Electrical Installation and ideally hold C Certificate in Electrical Installations or HNC
· Have relevant experience of working within the construction industry as a qualified electrician
· Ideally have a knowledge and understanding of NVQ’s in Electrical Installation
· Hold GCSE English & Maths (A*-C)
· Teaching/Assessing qualification or willing to undertake within 2 years
About the Golden Hello… The payment would be a maximum of £6,000 payable as follows:
· £2,000 on appointment
· £2,000 on successful completion of probationary period
· £2,000 on successful completion of Certificate in Education (academic staff only)
or 2 years with excellent performance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme. SK Group is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.