Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: PA to the Principal
Grade: C1.22 – C3 .28 £21,074 - £25,463 All year round, 37 hours per week.
Accountable to: Principal
Leeds East Academy is the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country, celebrating remarkable GCSE results with an outstanding Progress 8 improvement of +1.09. Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
To provide a confidential secretarial service to the Principal, ensuring that the Principal is briefed for all meetings with relevant correspondence, documents/presentations and that the Principals diary is kept up to date and accurate. To undertake any other appropriate duties, as requested by the Principal / Academy Business Manager, to assist with the efficient running of the School’s support services.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• To initiate, organise and manage all aspects of the senior leadership team’s business to ensure the effective running of the Academy
• To respond to emails, written correspondence and telephone calls on behalf of the senior leadership team as requested, using own initiative to take action on standard administrative and secretarial matters
• To deal with enquiries from parents, students, staff, governors, external organisations including feeder schools and prospective parents and pupils, on a wide range of issues
• To act as the first line of response to other internal and external enquiries directing them to other internal staff as appropriate
• To ensure safer recruitment procedures are followed with regard to the shortlisting and interview process
• Following shortlisting liaise with the senior leadership team and Area or Zone leaders regarding lesson observations, topics, interview panel and candidate questions
• To assist with the organisation/management of the student panel as required
• In the absence of colleagues, to prepare as appropriate, request & collate all necessary documentation and information in preparation for governors meetings related to exclusion panels; deal with correspondence and other paperwork relating to fixed term exclusions e.g. parental letters, reintegration packs, exclusion notification forms, ensure the paperwork meets statutory and regulatory requirements
• To act as substitute for the Cover Manager as and when required. Duties involve; recording all absence, issuing leave of absence forms and liaising with Agencies to arrange employment of supply teachers and deploying cover supervisors
Health and Safety
• Be aware of the responsibility for personal Health, Safety and Welfare and that of others who may be affected by your actions or inactions
• Co-operate with the employer on all issues to do with Health, Safety and Welfare
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
Closing Date: 21st September 2018
Shortlisting Date: 21st September 2018
Interview Date: W/C 24th September 2018
Start Date: ASAP
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk . To apply, please click the 'Apply' button and complete the application form by the closing date of 21st September 2018.