Leigh Academies Trust are a medium sized multi-academy trust based in Kent and South East London, currently comprised of 18 academies. The vast majority of services that we provide are operated ‘in-house’ including HR, Finance, Business and IT. Our IT Department have expanded in recent years to suit the needs and requirements of our schools, and we are now looking for a committed and professional individual to undertake their Apprenticeship with us in the IT remit, working closely under the supervision of a highly experienced member of our IT Support Team.
The successful candidate will be based in our founding secondary school – The Leigh Academy, Dartford (DA1 1QE). Here, you will be exposed to a broad range of IT requirements, services, software and interact with a variety of users including all staff and students who are based at this site. This role is a fantastic first insight into the world of IT and a fantastic starting point for your career.
Annual wage: £10,000 – 12,000 based on experienceHoliday allowance: 25 days per annum plus bank holidaysWorking week: Monday - Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pmTotal hours per week: 37 (including the 20% training element of the Apprenticeship)Apprenticeship duration: 14 monthsAnticipated start date: early September 2018Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3)Apprenticeship standard: Infrastructure TechnicianPositions: 1 availableTraining provider: You will receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills. Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications, including ITILDesired entry qualifications: 5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English
Future prospects: This Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and career in the IT industry. We have every intention to offer a permanent contract following successful performance and completion of the Level 3 course with future opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. We offer in-house Continuing Professional Development and you’ll be part of the wider IT Department operating across Leigh Academies Trust.
Key Duties: During your Apprenticeship, we will support you to work towards the following competencies;
- Respond to requests for IT support in accordance with helpdesk procedures and priorities
- Provide IT Support to The Leigh Academy and occasionally to other academies within the Trust
- Support the Trust Network Officers in installing, supporting and maintaining all local IT hardware and services
- Assist in the installation and repair of Apple Mac and Windows systems with standardised applications and networking software, including diagnosing and solving problems
- Assist in a wide range of technical duties associated with the IT network and desktop services, i.e. desktop and mobiles computers, printers, telephones, scanners, projectors, AV hardware
- Assist in monitoring the performance and stability of installed hardware and software
- Assist with monitoring the use of software to ensure compliance with licensing policies
- Assist with asset tagging and tracking hardware and with updating the asset registers
- Assist with general duties such as relocating equipment and clearing work spaces
- Assist with reprographic services as and when required
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Able to manage their own workload and prioritise in line with organisation requirements
- Constructive, creative and enabling approach to problem solving and learning
- Committed to working in a pressurised environment and providing a fast pace, user-focused service
- Able to work as part of a team, interacting effectively, sharing knowledge and developing a good rapport with colleagues quickly
- Committed to a continued improvement in both service and system improvements
- Maintains and encourages a professional approach
- Is positive about change and supports their team through change
- Encourages and supports others to consider different methods and approaches to continually improve performance
- Building productive relationships, fully understanding internal and external requirements and exceeding expectations
- Strives to exceed user expectations
- Keeps abreast of changes in their own department and the wider organisation
- Delivers on commitments to users
- Consistently treats other people with respect and is a role model
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.