Required! A suitably experienced individual, passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances, to support the learning of children initially in our Early Years phase.
32.25 hours per week (half hour unpaid lunch) Term time + 1 training day
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our new headteacher, we work hard to take those next steps in our primary phase, which is already considered good, to become outstanding! We have recently joined the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust alongside two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, with whom we were already working collaboratively, accessing training opportunities through the Teaching School at St James’s, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place in our secondary phase over this past year.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Working closely with the class teachers and the team of teaching and learning support assistants in our fantastic primary phase, the post holder will:
- be responsible for planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals or small groups of students.
- have at least two years’ experience of working in Early Years provision
- have HLTA or equivalent qualification
- have significant experience of working with primary aged children with challenging behavioural and social needs.
- have high expectations for pupils' attainment and personal development,
- be able to discover and implement those strategies which best engage pupils' in their learning
- have a customer focussed attitude, personal integrity and professionalism
- be willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of a continuously improving organisation.
- quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both our young people and colleagues
- motivate pupils to work hard and try their best through passing on to them their infectious enthusiasm and passion
- work hard to ensure all pupils make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- demonstrate personal resilience and role model those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with secondary phase pupils
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact our Associate Vice Principal and Primary Phase Leader Gareth Watson email@example.com
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mr R Saunders to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or, in the event of difficulty, download an application form from our website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
Please note all staff are employed by The Bishop Fraser Trust.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in all its schools to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Friday 21st September.