Purpose of the Role
The College Library is a place of learning which plays an important role in supporting the curriculum needs of staff and students. It provides resources in both book and electronic form and aims to create a pleasant environment conducive to discovery, learning and recreational reading. The Librarian is accountable to the Principal, Deputy Principal and the Head of Information Services for the management of the College Library.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Librarian include, but are not limited to those detailed below. Salesian, Catholic, Religious and Pastoral Dimensions of College Life
Support the Catholic, Salesian, religious and pastoral dimensions of College life by:
• Giving witness to Gospel values in his/her own personal life
• Developing a knowledge and appreciation of the life, work and spirituality of Don Bosco
• Commitment to academic excellence
• Broad understanding of curriculum issues on a national, state and school level
• Broad understanding of all
Key Learning Areas
• Ability to work with teachers so as to build a cohesive team for the teaching and development of the department
• Ability and preparedness to complete the necessary administrative tasks
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Assist the Head of Information Services by:
- Raising staff awareness of the need for students to acquire information skills
- Being available to staff for discussion about appropriate additional resources and their provision
- Ensuring that the day-to-day administration of the College Library is efficient and that the systems, resources and equipment are well maintained
• Ensuring that the College Library supports and resources the College Learning and Teaching Policy
• Liaising with Heads of Department and specialist teachers to:
- maintain a well-balanced collection of resources which meets the fullest possible range of curriculum information and recreational reading needs
- identify, access, evaluate and integrate information resources into their learning and teaching programs
- Integrate information literacy skills into learning and teaching activities.
• Attending and actively contribute to meetings as determined by the Principal
• Ensuring that the curriculum information needs of staff and students are appropriately met
• Developing a cross-curriculum professional development library for teachers
•Liaising with the Directors of School Improvement and Heads of Department to provide professional development for teachers and training for students in the use of new electronic information resources
• Planning and implement library programs to meet specific curriculum objectives.
• Networking with other libraries, information agencies and organisations beyond the College to provide additional resources as appropriate
• Keeping up to date with changes in information provision and their implications for the College curriculum and staff professional development
• Be responsible for keeping up to date with changes in information provision and their implications for the College curriculum and staff professional development
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Contributing to the wider life of the College, assisting with the preparation of events and activities and supporting other teams within the College when required.
• Other duties as reasonably required by the Principal or authorised delegate
Salary and Conditions
These positions come under the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Employer Agreement 2013.
Enquiries and Applications
Further enquiries should be directed to the Principal’s PA, Mrs Mary Menz, at the College on 9807 2644.
Applications, together with the Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact numbers of three (3) referees, should be forwarded to:
The Principal, Mr Robert Brennan by email to: email@example.com