Inspire the next generation of pioneers at Harris Academy Tottenham.
We are currently looking to appoint a Librarian to join our team of specialists.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The management, organisation and supervision of the Learning Resources Centre, including ensuring that equipment is well maintained and the environment is professional, stimulating and tidy
- Contributing to presentation and consultation evenings and meeting with parents to encourage reading beyond curriculum time
- Advising staff, students and the community regarding use, provision, development of Learning Resources
- Devising and offering INSET activities in teaching and learning techniques in relation to learning resources and training in the use of Learning Resource materials
- Liaising with the English and media team to publicise and organise events to raise the profile of reading and writing for pleasure
- Encouraging and supporting the effective use of the Learning Resource Centre across the curriculum at all Key Stages
- Liaising with other stakeholders to provide an excellent service, including developing and implementing study and information skills linked into the curriculum;
- Participating in community links (which may include opening out of academy hours)
- Keeping appropriate and effective records
- Disseminating information on resources and access to staff and students;
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the use and development of the area
- Organising and supervising after hours, lunch time and break time use of resources for students
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a multitude of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career whether in our Harris Academy Tottenham site or in one of our other 49 academies.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will have:
Knowledge of library systems, and ideally, librarian qualifications
Knowledge and experience of reading schemes and of the national curriculum, particularly for English
Experience of managing a library service
Experience working in an inner city school or educational establishment
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Tottenham
Harris Academy Tottenham opened in September 2014. As an all-through school, it has begun with a Reception in its Primary phase and a Year 7 in its Secondary phase. These phases will grow by a year group each September until it reaches full capacity and it will also have a Sixth Form.
Our Academy is based on an ethos of excellence, encouraging students to fulfil our high expectations through a dedicated and committed approach. We combine the hallmarks of a traditional Secondary education with a progressive curriculum in our brand new facilities.
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we instil an ethos of hard work, dedication and commitment to learning, through our Academy values. These are:
- To ENDEAVOUR is to strive for your goals, through maintaining the highest expectations of ourselves.
- To ENJOY is to take delight and pleasure in the learning process; To gain a feeling of success through relentless passion and drive.
- To EXCEL is to achieve your full potential, through mastery of concepts and an ambition to be the best you can be.
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we are innovative, open and collaborative. We would like fellow innovators, passionate pedagogists and creative class leaders to join us during this exciting time. With a dedicated SLT team on hand for support and guidance, there are a multitude of CPD opportunities to thrive on. You can expect to be a part of a fantastic team of dedicated teachers and support staff as well as an attentive, supportive work culture.
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. Applications will only be considered if submitted online and before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Harris Academy Tottenham
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
Harris Academy Tottenham opened in September 2014. As an all-through school, it began with a Reception in its Primary phase and a Year 7 in its Secondary phase. These phases are growing by a year group each September until it reaches full capacity an...