We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated, committed and organised Resource Manager (Librarian) with high level interpersonal skills to manage, develop and promote our library as a key pillar of our literacy strategy, alongside the management of the school stationery resources.
The successful applicant will provide a welcoming and stimulating environment that effectively contributes to delivery of the curriculum and have a desire to contribute to independent learning by supporting students in developing study and research skills, making use of appropriate learning resources and encouraging reading for pleasure.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with energy and enthusiasm, enhanced by clear organisational skills and an ability to work with students and staff. Previous library experience or working in a school environment would be an advantage.
This position is 32.5 hours per week over 40 weeks of the year
- Support pupils and staff in using the library resources
- Support pupils to develop pupils’ learning, research and study skills
- Support and assist with library technology including ICT and photocopiers
- Oversee the use of books and other library resources, using agreed systems for recording use
- Lead role in promotions, displays and other activities in the library
- Implement planned learning activities for small groups of pupils in the library
- Provide support to staff in supervising small groups of pupils in the library ensuring behaviours are maintained in the absence of a teacher
- Undertake administration duties as required
- Lead role in promoting the library and its resources, to encourage students to read and learn to improve their learning, regular taking into account student feedback
- Communicate with staff, suppliers and pupils using the library to provide information, advice and guidance on the use of library resources
- Liaise with Subject Heads to ensure stock is in line with course curriculum requirements
- To manage the Library/Resource Centre budget effectively
- Order and maintain library stock and stationery securely as directed
- Receive and check deliveries
- To ensure the Learning Resource Centre is an attractive, welcoming and safe learning environment
For further information on how to apply for this vacancy please visit our website:
Kingsley School, Bideford
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
Kingsley School is located in the coastal town of Bideford, Devon. The school is co-educational and has around 400 pupils aged 0-18. Roughly 100 of these pupils are boarders, with the rest being day pupils. The school is located on a single site on B...