We are looking to recruit an experienced teacher with a passion and desire to lead literacy across our school.
We are focused on creating a vibrant community where every person makes their contribution to creating a better society. Our vision is of a joyful place where children are empowered to explore their potential through educational excellence within an environment of spiritual growth and wellbeing.
We are a school where all can flourish and be all they can be.
We are looking for someone who:
- has enthusiasm and a passion for learning and for literacy
- loves reading and takes delight in sharing a good book
- is able to communicate effectively through the spoken word and in writing
- has the ability to create and deliver excellent learning experiences
- is a team player - able to work with and alongside others
- has a genuine love of learning and will be committed to fostering this in our children
- will contribute positively to our school community
- will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school
In return we can offer:
- children who are hardworking and proud to be part of our school community
- a welcoming, enthusiastic and caring staff team committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
- a connected curriculum approach to learning which focuses on developing children’s skills and understanding through purposeful activities linked to core texts
- induction for all and excellent opportunities for professional development
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future
- the opportunity to work with colleagues across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative
Visits to our school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
To arrange a visit or for an application pack call us on 020 7735 4898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application documents are also available to download via the school website www.stjohn.lambeth.sch.uk.
Closing date: Friday 22nd March 2019
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 1st April 2019
Start date: September 2019
Further information about the school can be found on our website www.stjohn.lambeth.sch.uk and on our Twitter and Facebook pages @SJTDPrimary.
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding the children the school community and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
St John the Divine Church of England Primary School
Warham Street, London SE5 0SX